Be sure to check mowers and lawn-cutting equipment.
- Wheels, catcher, blades. Clean the base of the mower scraping off all old caked on mud and grass.
- Lubricate wheels.
- Sharpen or replace blades.
- Check electrical switches and connections.
- Check extension cords, when tangled they can create electrical shorts and can be dangerous.
- Get your spades, forks etc cleaned and sharpened.
- Check weed-eater nylon and replace if necessary.
- Edging tools need to be sharpened and oiled – hedge shears, sheep shears, prunes, lopping shears, pole pruner.